To be eligible, students must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- be a female undergraduate from an underrepresented group (Underrepresented groups are African Americans, Hispanics, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians or Other Pacific Islanders)
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university leading to a baccalaureate or associate’s degree
- be a current first year student (sophomores will be considered depending on number of first year applications received).
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (Fall 2021).
- be a US Citizen, US national, or permanent resident.
- Open to all disciplines.
- Students should plan to be available for the entirety of the summer program.
- Students will be required to contact their peer and faculty mentors prior to the summer program to begin discussions about project ideas (more details will be provided to accepted participants).
- Click HERE to submit your application.
- Application materials include: A cover letter, a copy of your transcript(s), a resume, and the email address of two faculty members at your university who are willing to write you letters of recommendation.
- Faculty can submit their letter of recommendation HERE.
Applications will be reviewed beginning January 15, 2022 and on a rolling basis until March 15, 2022.Deadline extended to April 15, 2022.
Although we would be happy to answer questions regarding our summer program, please see answers to frequently asked questions before contacting us.
Direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.