Githii Honors Program Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the Githii Honors Program?
A. The primary purpose of the program is to provide a stimulating environment in which young scholars can confidently pursue their individual and shared intellectual interests, and build diverse relationships that support and expand their intellectual community.
Q2. Who is eligible for the Githii Honors Program?
A. Academic year 2020-21.
Students with a strong academic record and demonstrated commitment to her own intellectual development will be invited to apply for the Honors Program. Any student that has achieved a high school GPA of at least a 3.7 will receive an invitation. Those who are invited will be required to submit an additional essay, provided in the invitation.
Q3. What are the benefits of being in the Githii Honors Program?
- Priority registration and housing
- Living together in a living / learning environment
- Financial support for conferences and workshops
- Smaller classes
- “Honors Program” designation on transcript
- Recognition in Commencement Program
- Membership in Honors Program Student Association (HPSA)
- Funding for research experience toward the senior thesis
- Honors Lounge with computers for honors students only
- Special diploma with Honors designation
Q4. How do I apply?
A. Any student applicant who meets our minimum requirements (see Q2) is considered.
Q5. If I don’t get in the first year, can I apply after?
A. Yes, if you have a 3.5 or better after your first year on campus, you may apply for admission with your transcript and two letters of recommendation from your teaching faculty. Applications for rising sophomores are available in the second semester of your freshman year.