Luther Vandross was one of the most successful R&B artists of the 1980s and ’90s. He is well known for his distinctive interpretations of classical pop and R&B songs, and his smooth, versatile tenor voice has been captivating audiences for decades. His mother, Mary Ida, was a noteworthy advocate of healthy living and preventive testing for diabetes and other chronic diseases. The Luther and Mary Ida Vandross Fund was established to honor the memory of Luther Vandross and his devoted mother Mary Ida. Scholarships from this fund will be awarded to assist students in their pursuit to graduate from a historically black college or university.
• Must be enrolled in a 4-year Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
• Must be in their 3rd, 4th or 5th year of study leading to an undergraduate degree
• Must demonstrate financial need
• Must have a 2.5 GPA or better
• Preference given to applicants who are residents of the Northeastern region of the U.S.
Ten to Twenty (10-20) scholarships will be awarded. Award amounts will generally range from $500-$6,000 per year.
For more information visit https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/54655-The-Philadelphia-Foundation
Deadline: June 14, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT (Midnight)